Saturday, November 6, 2010

An Introduction

     I thought for my first post that I would just introduce myself.  I am Elder Darion Bevan, currently I am serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ukiah, CA, although that will be changing in a couple of days.  I am going to be serving in Santa Rosa, CA. 
    
       A little bit about my backround. I am from Sandy, UT,  I have lived there all my life.  I have two Brothers, and older and a younger.  My older brother served a mission in Manaus, Brazil.  My little brother is going to be going on a mission very shortly.  I grew up playing a number of sports, Basketball being my favorite.  In highschool I also played volleyball and was on the swim team.  I have to say that I love sports, I would watch them all the time.  It didn't matter what was on, football, tennis, track, badmitton, I loved them all.

     My mission has been the best experience of my life.  I have met so many great people and made friends that will carry on throughout the eternities,  nothing can replace the experiences I have had.  I have also grown a very strong testimony of my savior Jesus Christ, and the church.  I can't even imagine where my life would be right now if I had not served a mission. 

     I know this church is true, I know by the power of the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon is true, and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of god.  I may not know much but atleast I know these things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment