Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Back in Santa Rosa

      I am officially back in Santa Rosa now, it feels like coming home.  I served here for 6 months of my mission starting about 1 year ago.  Then I departed for Ukiah, thinking that I wouldn't have the opportunity to come back.  The lord is merciful though and gave me another opportunity here in Santa Rosa.  My companion is Elder Eccles, he is a fantanstic missionary.  I hope to learn alot from him, and make this time in Santa Rosa even better than the last, I have my work cut out for me. 

   I have thought alot about certaing things though as I have come back, it was like coming home.  It has probably been the least stressful time that I have been transferred.  I know the area, I know some of the people, and I have a positive outlook on Santa Rosa already, I am truly happy about serving here again.  But I can't help to think about the how little this joy is to the joy I will feel when I go to back to my first home with my Father in Heaven.  This is truly what keeps me going, the knowledge that one day I can return to my Father in heaven and have a joyous reunion with him.  This is why I live the gospel, and this is why I share the gospel and why I am on a mission.  I want to help people feel that comforting assurance that one day they can live with their Father in heaven and with their families.  One of my favorite scriptures comes from the last verse of the Book of Enos in the Book of Mormon which states
   "And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen."  My greatest desire is that I to may here these reassuring and comforting words from my Savior, Jesus Christ. 
   

  I invite all who read this to share with us your feelings on what they think this joyous renunion with our father in heaven will be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment