Sunday, April 3, 2011

Push a Handcart or Share the Gospel

                                                       

    Today while listening to General Conference, I was intrigued by the words of Dieter F. Uchtdorf when he said "Some members in this church would rather push a handcart hundreds of miles, than talk to their friends about the Gospel."  As I thought about this I laughed a little bit, but the reality is that there are some members who would rather do this.  But why?  We have the "Good news" of the savior!  This Gospel is something that has changed our lives and has the ability to change the life of every individual we know.  What joy would it bring to us, to give each person we knew a $100 Bill.  We would love to see the reaction on their faces, and we would be stunned if they were to turn us down.  We have in our possesion something that is above any earthly amount of money.  So I ask again, Why not share this with everyone we know? 

                                           

     The Savior said  "Lift up your voices unto this people;  speak the thoughts which I shall put into your hearts, and ye shall not be confounded before men" (D&C 100:5)  All the Lord asks is that we talk about the Gospel to our friends and say the things he would have us say.  I know that by doing this and sharing the Gospel, we will feel as Ammon did when he said "My joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. … I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."(Alma 26: 11, 16)

                                        

     May we all lift up our voices and talk to our friends about this wonderful Gospel that our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ has given us. 

2 comments:

  1. That line stuck out to me too; before my mission I was one of those people! But with the knowledge we have of this gospel, how can we not share it with everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the truth. Sharing the gospel is not a drudgery, nor is it as difficult as crossing the plains in the freezing cold. I'd rather share the gospel than push a handcart. We need to stop looking at missionary work as pulling a cart through mud. It is much simpler than that and God will bless us as we reach out to others.

    ReplyDelete