Friday, April 15, 2011

Oh Vallejo

    These past couple of days have been awesome.  I was able to go back to one of the cities I used to serve in, Vallejo California.  Every time I go back to an area I used to serve in I am reminded of how much I truly miss it, and how much I truly love it.   When you are away for so long you tend to forget a lot of things and how dear and precious it really is too you.  When you finally go back it just feels like home.

                                      

        Now Vallejo isn't exactly a "Heavenly place" but I can't help but think this is what it is going to be like to return back to our Heavenly home, except that it will be a much greater scale of joy and happiness.   I can only imagine the joy that is going to fill my soul when I get back to my Father in Heaven and my Heavenly Home, a place I love.   I have heard it said that when you return to God you will be shocked at how familiar he is too you.   This is because before this life we knew him and lived with him.   He sent us here to earth to learn and grow and his goal is that we will eventually return back to him.  This should be the focus of our life here on earth. As it says in the Book of Mormon "This life is the time for men to prepare to meet God." (Alma 34:32) We all need to take a look at our life and say, "Am I prepared to meet God?"  I know that as we make this our goal we will realize things we can do to prepare for that day when we will see him again.

                                        

        I am so glad that my Father Heaven gives me small glimpses, like that experience I had today, to help me remember what I am striving for.  As the prophet Enos said " And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen." (Enos 1:27)  I can't wait for this day!
   

3 comments:

  1. The day we get to go back to our Father in Heavens arms will be such an amazing day. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad you came here. :) And I know what you mean, there are few things like coming home to an area you loved. I can only imagine what heaven will be like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that feeling as well! I love the experiances we are having here away from home, away at college you might say, but the feeling of returning home is amazing!

    ReplyDelete